The goal of life is not purchasing a certain goal, the life path on itself is the goal because life gives you all the lessons you'll ever need.
The holy grail is not a material thing, it's wisdom or an awakening
Thoughts can be powerful. Positive thoughts cultivate positive happenings, negative thoughts let negative things happen. You are the cocreator of your own life.
Wisdom is to embrace your talents, to combine your female and male qualities and to try and keep them in a perfect state of balance.
Happiness is a state of mind. The mind should not be manipulated by any means.
Who is Catherine Wheels?
I could be you and I'm one of you, that's for sure...
How I think about the world?
- I think everybody is born equal (woman and man, all races etc...) and stays equal (by this I mean men's individual worth is not related to status or money)
- I think you can learn by reading books or by being at school, but life experience teaches you the most, by living amongst others, with your feet on the ground
- I think you can learn from the poor and the rich, from the intellectual and the non-intellectual
- I think the environment/earth is a big concern for everybody now
- I think we've got to work together to face our problems, we can no longer ignore the fact that cooperation makes us strong
- I think everything is connected, everything 'is one'. So everything you do has consequences (the law of action and reaction, so sometimes it will be better not to react to step out the never-ending circle, but to reflect)
- I think everybody is born gifted, but you have to search for those talents within if you don't see them immediately
- I think everybody has a selfhealing power, a big potential he/she can explore
- I think everybody can be considered as a co-creator of his/her own life. You have to do some thinking, set goals, act....
- I think people have a spiritual/philosophical nature, but the spread of religion is cultural, geographical and even political minded
- I think charity is very important but can never be related to other goals, in that case we speak about opportunism and not about charity
- if there is a God, God can not be claimed by any religion, because that God loves us all. We can never abuse that God or our religion to find a reason to fight or to have wars, to make a distinction between people
- to me, God is awareness, love and compassion, but what God means to you is up to you because there is freedom of thinking
- there is good and bad in the world. What is good, 'feels' good but than you may not lose the ability to feel (by being angry, by being too disappointed in people or by being too rational).
- What is bad can be experienced as bad by everyone, unless dogmatic rules we claim will avoid us to make the distinction between good and bad.
- I'm a spiritual person, but I took wise things out of different religions. Sometimes I don't even know where I found it originally as I travelled a lot and I spoke to so many different people from all over the world. I consider myself as neutral or impartial but with my own opinion, I think that's okay too.
- I live amongst people, not above, not below. I’m almost invisible
- I don’t claim these values, I only try to collect them, spread them by the word and take them as the lead in my own life by living my own life experience. Sometimes I’m successful and sometimes I fail, because I’m not a profete, just someone like you
- for this reason, Catherine Wheels is not my real name, so you can not confuse me with these values. I mean, I can’t claim them.
But who is she in daily life?
Catherine Wheels is a dreamer and an idealist. Why not? Nothing to be ashamed of.
She wrote about 10 other books besides this soul book. Five were about architecture and two about nature and health and the functioning of our self-healing system and one about historical parcs. There was also a novel and a bedtime story for little children. To make her a living, she’s is a journalist, ghostwriter and writer. She is still in love with her husband who works in the music business and together with him they are the proud parents of three sensitive and very creative children who are still trying to understand the big world. She does some additional work in social care. Since her twenties she has been traveling around the world, but still lives in Europe. She likes reading and drawing. She likes to observe and to analyze human nature. Despite many disappointments, she likes humans for what they are and most of all she adores nature. Sometimes she wants to be a bird herself ;)